Even if you live in a palace, you always require that extra space that you get in the form of a storage bed. And today, with living space dwindling out and becoming very hard to come by with expenses shooting up, a storage bed is exactly what you need. It is of immense help because it helps to ease out the clutter that you would have otherwise accumulated in your room.
The Benefits Of Having A Storage Bed
There are many advantages that come with storage beds. Here you can see why today, many people are opting for storage beds.
- Since space is very difficult to get nowadays with the size of houses and apartments decreasing, storage beds are the thing that can sort out some of your storage problems
- It reduces the need for cupboards, almirahs, and wardrobes in your room, leaving space for you to accommodate another piece of essential furniture in its place
- If you furnish your child’s room with a storage bed, you get the benefit of keeping it clutter-free, as is prone to happen with a child’s room
- The storage in the beds is practical in that they allow for the storage of many items at one go
- And if you furnish your guest bedroom with beds that have in-built storage in them, then they allow you to store your items over there without having to buy extra wardrobes
Points To Note Before You Buy A Storage Bed
When you feel that you need to buy yourself a new bed with plenty of storage, then you must consider a few factors that could help you to choose the best bed that you need. Points that you need to consider:
- If you already have a mattress, you must consider its size. Because if that does not fit into the bed that you buy, then you waste double the money than required. This is so because you have to do away with the current mattress and again buy a new one. So take its accurate measurements before you buy a new storage bed.
- And even if you do not already have one mattress, then take accurate measurements of the room where you want to furnish the bed in. Obviously, you cannot buy a big bed to fit into a small room because that would leave you with practically no space to move around in the room. So take the right measurements before buying a new bed.
- You must keep the frame of the bed in mind before you buy one. The frame is the most important thing that will give your mattress its longevity. A bad framework could make your mattress sag or get indented in the middle, causing a lot of discomfort to your back.
- The bed, apart from having all the above factors considered, should also have the look and design that suits your taste. The style and design of the bed is the deciding factor in the aesthetics of the room.
Again there are many other points to consider like the number of people that are supposed to be accommodated on it, whether it is made of the material that you want and very importantly it should fit into your budget. With so many modern bed designs, you can choose any from branded stores in malls and elsewhere.
Types Of Beds That You Can Choose From
Going to big shops that are branded in the malls has many added benefits. They are well stocked with modern bed designs that you can freely choose from. They have an ample collection of beds that might even have you puzzled. Now here are some of the designs that you can choose from:
- Storage beds
- King size beds
- Queen size beds
- Four poster beds
- Platform or panel beds
- Day bed
- Cot bed
- Sleigh bed
- Futon bed
The Various Materials From Which You Can Choose Your Bed
A bed is that place which is supposed to give you maximum comfort after you work a whole day. So it should be made of the finest base materials that will ensure maximum comfort for you. You get beds made from:
- Wrought iron
- Wrought iron and metal
With so many various designs and material-made beds, the wooden bed design is one of the most popular and frequently used types. Though today people are opting for other varieties and designs, the wooden beds are timeless classics that can go that extra mile in enhancing the aesthetics of your bedroom.
Beds By Design
After you have chosen the best type of bed in terms of their material and type, you can now choose from the design of the bed. They are:
- Single bed design
- Kids bed design
- Box bed design
- Room bed design
Apart from the wooden bed design, you can also have steel bed designs, iron bed designs, and plywood bed designs.
How Will You Understand Whether The Bed Is Perfect For You?
When you are out to buy storage beds with the best design, then you must assess the bed physically. It should be strongly built from materials that you know will last long with a long-lasting framework. Side by side with its longevity factor, you must also consider the design of your bed of choice.
It should fit well into your space and be in sync with the room and its décor so that it does not look out of place. Again your bed should give you the maximum comfort. It should be orthopedically correct. Your spine should be comfortable when you sleep on the bed.
Modern bed designs nowadays take care of everything from aesthetics to comfort, but be sure that they are competitively priced. Just because they are branded does not mean that you should buy them for unreasonable prices. To take care of this factor, you must visit shops that are reputed and are known to be giving value for money to their customers.